|Based on finalization of the process scheme developed by client / third-party R&D
teams, we scale up the scheme to develop commercial scale facilities. These involve
- Reaction systems: For CSTR-type
systems, scale-up considerations include uniformity in composition of the reaction
mass including consistency in temperature. The mixture viscosity and density characteristics
are critical. The mixing mechanism is also very important. Similarly for other systems,
the key considerations to support the reaction behavior are taken in account during
the scale-up process.
- Mass and heat transfer systems:
For systems requiring mass and heat transfer, the mechanisms for ensuring high quality
and reliable mass and heat transfer uniformly throughout the system are considered
during the scale-up process.
|Continuous processes generally offer several advantages over batch operations. Some
of these advantages include:
The perceived downside of continuous operations is the reduction in operational
flexibility. However, flexibility issues can be managed in other ways. We serve
our clients to convert their facilities from batch to continuous operations to realize
the above-listed benefits.
- Increase in plant capacities with similar equipment
- Lower inventories and storage requirements
- Better automation and control opportunities
- Smoother operations with lower manual activities
- Smaller plant footprint
|We utilize industry-leading process simulation applications to model plant facilities. Our qualified
team of engineers is well-trained in developing these models. The models are developed
for various different objectives
- Plant Design Activities: During
the design phase, we develop simulation models to study various design options for
the plant. The purpose of this activity is to arrive at the most optimum design
for the plant.
- Operations Decision Support: The
simulation model of the plant can be used to study options pertaining to plant operations.
And, these studies lead to better plant operations and decisions pertaining to changes
in plant operations.
- Plant Troubleshooting: Often problems
related to plant operational behavior can be modeled and analyzed using simulation
tools. We develop simulation models to troubleshoot problems like these with best
|We utilize industry-leading software applications to design and analyze heat exchangers. We offer various
types of design and analysis studies including:
Apart from end-customers, our clients for these activities include EPC companies
and fabrication companies.
- Thermal Design
- Vibration Analysis
- Mechanical Design, including development of fabrication drawings
- Exchanger Train / Network Design & Optimization
|Design and rating of the safety relief valves and the downstream flare network system
is a critical safety aspect of any processing facility. We offer services to design,
rate and validate these systems using industry-leading software applications. We
undertake the following activities:
- For the Relief valve – load calculations, backpressure calculations and orifice
- For flare system – network of flare sub-headers and headers, knock-out pot,
seal drum and the flare stack